Skip Navigation

1. Posted by scott_1 (Budding Member 38 posts) 10y

hey people can anybody tell my if its possible to get a working holiday visa for america like you can for australia?

2. Posted by jodib (Budding Member 32 posts) 10y

If there is one i havent heard of it...getting visas tends to be a loooonnnngggg process these days btw...the state dept has a website that describes all the possible visas available...try looking on

3. Posted by scott_1 (Budding Member 38 posts) 10y

cheers mate they must give out temporay visas the same as australia and new zealand shurly the usa cant be that special can it?

4. Posted by Peter (Admin 5952 posts) 10y

The US doesn't have a working holiday visa. And Australia doesn't offer their working holiday visa to US citizens. Each country has their own rules. It's just the way the world works unfortunately.

You can get a standard tourist visa of course. And the US does offer a way in if you are willing to work in a summer camp.

As jodib suggests, you should check the website if you want further details.

5. Posted by TylerJames (Respected Member 333 posts) 10y

not yet but maby by the end of the year. they, congress and such, are discussing a guest worker program. hopefully it could be similiar to the one in australia and i really hope it will open up more partnership programs with other countries so us citizens could more easily go on a working holiday

6. Posted by fiona79 (Budding Member 14 posts) 10y

it is really hard to work in the USA without a sponsor. Sponsors can be corporate or like camp America, and there are ones for the snow filed eg Vale and stuff.. Not like Australia for those from the UK and such.