Skip Navigation

uk speakers in us

Travel Forums Travel Gear uk speakers in us

1. Posted by rob18781 (Budding Member 9 posts) 10y

i will be going to the us for a couple of months for work, i am going to take a small speaker set that is mains operated. do i just need a plug adaptor or will i also need a piece of equipment to help with the voltage?


2. Posted by moutallica (Respected Member 122 posts) 10y

It will depend on your speakers. Yes, the voltage is different in North America (120V), however, many AC adaptors will be able to adapt with no problems. On the adaptor, it should say something like "Input: 110V-240V 50-60Hz". If 120V falls within the range (also, not that we use a 60Hz current here, I'm not sure if that matters when it comes to speakers), then it will work. If not, then a converter will be needed.

3. Posted by rob18781 (Budding Member 9 posts) 10y