hi folks, as some of you may know or if you dont well now you do = im going on a WHV to Oz in Oct /half RTW trip on the way first and i was wondering what sorta costs do i need to plan ahead for!
i think its about time i began to save !
theres the obvious things like:
1. Tickets - i imagine £1k for these - i dont really wanna spend much more
2. Insurance ? wot sort should i use here guys? worldwide or just for Oz alone? cause thats where i'll end up but bear in mind im gonna be using a RTW ticket to get there. I reckon this will be £300 i hope this includes plane probs as well e.g. delays. i.e i dont really wanna pay airline insurance as well, which most charge ya - i rarely ever pay it.
3. Decent backpack - £130 - 150 approx
4. walking/hiking boots - got those
5. Visas/passports(got passports) - Visas needed - i imagine £150 for all this stuff
6. Accomodation for intial period until i arrive in Oz - £500 (6 or 7 weeks to get there, so i'll say 45 nights at £11p/n in hostels if possible)
7. Wot else guys?
Wow! this is getting scary wot i need before Oct starting at £0 right! So im looking at £2100 bare minimum.
P.s. Anybody know how to keep this a sticky post at the top of all your replies so that other people can see a list of wots needed and costs (roughly) for an RTW/WHV to Oz. I just think theres bound to be others who will ask or maybe have done.