Hi there, found this wonderful website today with great forum.
I will be going to Cebu Island in mid August. Will fly to Clark by Air Asia. Need probably one night stay in Manila. Probably will reach Manila in the evening.
1. Is there any recommended places of attraction or shopping in Manila?
2. Is it safe to walk on the street at night in Manila and Cebu?
3. Which part of Cebu should i stay? My husband intend to go for diving and myself probably experience diving or sun bathing... we intend to stay in some quiet, nice hotel with white sandy beach, but not too far from eating and shopping areas.
4. What is the best way of getting around in Cebu island?
5. Any recommendation for the local authentic and some other cusisine?
6. How much tipping for the cabby or restaurant crew?
Thanks in advacnce for the info.
Just returned from a trip to Iloilo ( Philippines )...How do you plans to visit Cebu? You have two options -fast ferry or domestic flight?
Lots of places to shop in Manila, depending on which part of Metro Manila you are staying. SM Megamall is huge, and if you check into a hotel in the vicinity, you may be able to find some time to hop over (by the time you get from Clark to city it will be evening!) before you leave for Cebu the next day...
hey there, and welcome to TP forums
1st off, i live here in Cebu island and i'll try to answer your questions
1. Like danalasta said there is tons of shopping centers in Manila, Greenbelt shopping center, SM malls are everywhere in PHL and also Ayala
2. It is pretty safe here, but you must follow the normal safety tips (ie dont walk alone down dark alleys etc)
3. If you want diving or sun bathing in the Cebu area, there is an AWESOME resort hotel near Cebu called "Plantation Bay" they have awesome rooms, home made beaches and swimming areas, VERY nice place, (little expensive tho)
4. Best way to get around Cebu island is either taxi, which is VERY cheap, or jeepny, which is a LOT cheap, tho the jeepny thing is a little tricky at times, but usually only costs 6-15 pesos (about 10-20cents USD) to get around, taxis from the airport to the midtown/downtown area in Cebu i'd advise to just use the meter if possible, it's only a few bucks usually, tho i have a driver and i live quite a ways (30minutes away) so i pay him 500P (about $10USD)
5. I'm not very good with that question (i never remember the restaurant names lol
6. Tip the cabby only the higher amount, like if the meter is 250 i'll give 300, or 270->300, 125->150 etc etc, thats what i do and it seems to never be a problem
hope thats helped ya Leeli
Hi guys, thanx for the info. i will be arriving in clark at 11.25am. Plan to catch the flight at Manila at 6pm to go to cebu on the same day. But, i am a bit worry about the traffic condition. Any idea how bad the jam would be from clark to manila?
i belive there are direct flights from clark to cebu through seair airlines, traffic is always bad in manila and the best ans safest way to get there is to book a private car through the magarita station, i can give you some links for prvt transport if you like, as the buses can be dangerous as i got robbed on one last yeear by some people who hijacked it.
For cebu a good new hotel is called, crowne garden hotel about 1600 peso a night, and a nice island to visit very north of cebu is called malapuscua island, good for diving etc, and not devoloped like borocay.
http://www.malapascua-island.com/, i hope this has been of some help to you and youenjoy youre trip,