Skip Navigation

1. Posted by claire541 (Budding Member 8 posts) 10y

Hi to all fellow travellers,

I am in need of a little help!
I am going to Australia in about 3 and half weeeks for just under a year. I have heard that I get a medicare card which will help if I am poorly
Where can I get this card in Australia or do I have to apply for it before i go?:)
Many thanks Claire

2. Posted by scotsman (Respected Member 128 posts) 10y


You go into any medicare office when you get to Oz, fill out a form, flash your passport & visa, give them a postal address to send your card to and hey presto!

All the best,


3. Posted by claire541 (Budding Member 8 posts) 10y

Thanks Stuart,
Got one problem sorted now got another, my friend who i was surrposed being going with, can't go now. Bit pissed now!