Skip Navigation

Extending Visa by Sponsorship

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Extending Visa by Sponsorship

1. Posted by samsara_ (Travel Guru 5353 posts) 10y

Hi everyone,

Have another question :) How easy is it to extend a WHV if a company agrees to sponsor you. What way does it work? Do you need to apply or do your employers do it for you?

ANy info at all would be great!



2. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 10y

An employer cannot extend a working holiday visa. You have to get a new visa called a 457. The employer must first be approved as a sponsor. They must then nominate you and you then lodge a visa application. You must also have an occupation lited on a govt list specific to that visa.

3. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4933 posts) 10y

majito: iirc the 457 visa is Australian - but Ev is asking about the situation in New Zealand. (Or at least, so I assume - unless she's asking for someone else, perhaps.) :)

4. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 10y

Oops. Ok, if its NZ then ignore my previous post.