We are booked for a safari in Feb. 2007 with Bobby Tours. We've wired 50% of the cost one month ago. During this month we have sent 3 emails asking for confirmation. No response from Bobby Tours. Has anyone ever experienced this kind of delay with Bobby Tours?
Your input is greatly appreciated.
Bobbys tours, have been around for a long time, but it is not normal to get a deposit and not confirm of reply :-(
I would suggest you write and tell them you will call them, if they do not confirm and charge them for the call.
I might suggest you give them a call.
Email communication might not be that 100% reliable so dont bank on it!
Wish you luck!
[ Edit: sorry, no promos in the forum please. ]
Tour confirmed!! On Oct. 2 I called Bobby Tours. Apparently they didn't receive my flight number and this was the delay. when booking with Bobby Tours, you go through several steps and each seems to have its own email address. These emails don't seem to be redirected: -snip- It is unfortunate they didn't contact me to ask for the info.
However, we booked with Bobby Tours because my brother chose them in 2005 and had a geat safari.
We are looking forward to a wonderfull 11 day with them in 2007.
I shall report back after Feb. 2007.
Thanks for your support.
[ Edit: sorry, no emails in the forum please. ]
I'm considering a Feb. '07 tour with Bobby myself, so any other comments or feedback welcome. They had lots of good feedback on their site......
Bobby Tours are reliable company. I don't think 50% of your deposit will make them run away while they have been in safari industry for may years.Try to call Kassim Mustag for his Dady himself.
My friends and I are going to Kilimanjaro in Februray of 2007. Airline is booked. We have been in communication with a company that has been fairly good up to now.
1. they seem to be a little more expensive than BobbyTours
2. they are using a VERY budget hotel(Arusha Annex by night Hotel), which I cannot find any good information about.
3. there has not been very many people that I have found that has used them (although, I know they are reputable only because of my phone and email contact. Plus, the Kenyan toursim minister emailed and explained they were in the tourism business)
Is it worth looking into BobbyTours? Do they provide private climbs and safaris? What accomodations do they use in Arusha as a base for the safari and climb of KILI.
Thanks for the Info,
I have a kili climb and safari in July. A week ago, I wired 50% to Bobby Tours on March 19. I haven't heard back yet. Kassim has replied to my emails. Wire transfers seem much slower than credit card transactions. I hope to hear from Bobby Tours soon. I will call Kassim, if needed. Did TigerPride make it with Bobby in Feb?
Guess what. I just received an email this morning from Bobby Tours. They received my 50% deposit exactly one week after wire transfer. On to the next steps.