Skip Navigation

Hong Kong/Shanghai/Singapore work??(not teaching)

Travel Forums Asia Hong Kong/Shanghai/Singapore work??(not teaching)

1. Posted by ruckerthe (Budding Member 45 posts) 10y

Just wondering if you guys have heard of anyone, or if its possible to get a job in one of these places just working in a bar or cafe or something provided you got the correct visas of course.

2. Posted by ruckerthe (Budding Member 45 posts) 10y


3. Posted by rama_h (Inactive 91 posts) 10y

It's always possible to work anywhere in the world as long as you got the right visa/permit, if it's only on bars or cafe, a friend of mine from the U.S. was studying in Singapore and working in one of the cafes there with only a student visa (but I think that was illegaly though), but it works...

4. Posted by MazDev (Budding Member 52 posts) 10y

That's a difficult task if you are not a professional.

The Companies have to apply for an Employment pass, Work permit wouldn't be possible for westerners. For an Employmentpass you need to receive official a minimum payment, which is double or tripple the wages of a local employee. So why should a company employ somebody who receives a higher salary?