I plan to travel to bangkok with my family this Dec.
1. Is it safe to have an accommodation at Sukumvit 25 ? How about Sukhumvit Soi 38 ?
2. Is it cheaper to take a day tour to Safari World or take a metered cab ? The day tour stands at 1300 baht for adults.
3. I intend to go to Siam Aquarium, Children's Museum, Safari World and Dreamworld. Are there any other attractions for children which I should not miss ? My boy is four years old. Will the exhibits at the planetarium too difficult for him to understand ?
3. Will there be flooding during dec period ?
4. Are Lowepro camera bags cheap in Bangkok ?
Thanks for all the help.
Hi Mrs Ho.
1. Sukhumvit Road is quite safe.
2. You'd be best taking a day tour if possible, 1300 baht is quite reasonable.
3. Don't know
4. Possibly (see Draggon's post in the Asia thread, he's not far, I'm sure he's be happy to advise you if you send him a message)
5. Don't know
Have a good trip!
Samut Prakarn Crocodile Farm & Zoo is the worlds biggest Crocodile Farm and very interesting. They have a crocodile wrestling show, and also a lot of other animals. Dancing baby elephants and so on.
My kids were enjoing it very much, and I think it's a must.
By Taxi it will take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to get there.
The Farm & Zoo is direct behind an ancient city.
Don't worry tomuch about traveling with your child. Kids are so easy going. They are allready happy with a nice Hotelroom and if possible a pool. A Tuk Tuk ride and little different things from what they are used to + sometimes a little matchbox car from the seven eleven and they having allready a great time.