Skip Navigation

1. Posted by jed8283 (Budding Member 2 posts) 10y

Im planning on traveling to Australia early july 2007 untill january 2008. im only 17 years old so im not able to get a working holiday visa... so does anyone know wether its possible to go to Australia using a ETA visa then in 3 months (when 18 and ETA visa expires) would i be able to renew visa into a working holiday one whilst in Australia?!?!


2. Posted by jenko2 (Full Member 123 posts) 10y

i am pretty sure that you can get a visa while in the country but i may be wrong check out it should give you the infomation that you need.
good luck

3. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 10y

You must be outside of Australia to apply for a WHM visa.

Info on this visa on the DIMA (Australian immigration) website is located here.

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 10y

Just to add, if anyone is eligible for a 2nd WHM visa (i.e. after 3 months of doing seasonal work - details on DIMA website) then you can apply for the 2nd WHM visa either in or outside of Australia.

5. Posted by majito (Respected Member 442 posts) 10y

Because you are from the UK you can apply for the WHV from anywhere outside of Australia. So if you come here on an ETA then perhaps head across to New Zealand and apply.