many thanks for ideas. I feel I should share what I have come up with thus far...
plane to spain and then overland the whole way to cambodia to volunteer via everset base camp- thought i'd take a picnic and enjoy the view, then onto the philipinnes, then hitch a ride on a boat to fiji (working on it of course) and ... thats as far as i got. When revising my mind at times wonders… and I read about this gypsy trail- sounded fun- anyone no of?(Europe to asia I think)
Realise my plans are somewhat nieve but I’m 20 so can be!!!!!
travelling the world alone
you will be never alone,you will meet people with the same idea,
going along with them for a while,enjoy there company,just wonderful.
Your trip won't be complete with out dog sledding in either Lappland or Canada. And I don't mean sitting on a sled with some one else controlling it. You have to do your own mushing.
Amazing experiences for me;
Galloping horse race through forests in the Eastern Cape South Africa,
Trekking in the Himalayan foot hills (India has some not to be missed spots, its been one of my favourite destinations, unfortunately some areas are deprived but any one with half a brain will realise that ALL countries have spots like that and you are silly to miss out on some of the best bits on the planet!)
camping under the stars in the Chapada diamantina national park in Brasil next to the water falls oh and sliding down a massive natural water slide!
good luck on your trip and I hope you have some amazing experiences!!
Here's a few:
- Staring up at hundreds of shooting stars from the Syrian desert near Palmyra
- Watching a school of dolphins play on the horizon at sunset on the last beach in the world, Samoa
- Rocketing headfirst down grade IV+ rapids (whitewater sledging), New Zealand
- Swimming in our own private tropical waterfall with macaws flying around, nr Mission Beach, Australia
- Waking up at dawn miles out in the Tasmanian wilderness, surrounded by wallabies.
and so, so many more.....
[ Edit: Edited on Jan 26, 2007, at 10:28 AM by magykal1 ]