Skip Navigation

1. Posted by tommi84 (Budding Member 18 posts) 9y


can someone please clear this up for i need a visa for oz if i only plan to chillout for 3 months and not work???

look forward to hear from you!



2. Posted by Purdy (Travel Guru 3546 posts) 9y

Hey Tom

I see you are in the UK so l am assuming British Passport - yes you need a tourist visa - lm going for only 10 days and l need a tourist visa for that!

You can pick them up on line - they are electronic and cost something like £8 nothing major!

Do a google search on Australian Tourist Visas and it should throw you up a few websites!


3. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 9y is the place you would get an ETA (what Heather is referring to) online direct from DIMA. UK people are eligible to apply through this website. I believe the charge is AU$20, which is approx £8

You can also get ETA's through travel agents, but they tend to charge more (quite a lot more in some cases).

4. Posted by Purdy (Travel Guru 3546 posts) 9y

Your right about the agents charging SO much more - a friend got his through STA travel & they charged him £20 for the visa!

5. Posted by tommi84 (Budding Member 18 posts) 9y

thanks guys, very helpful!! all the best