Skip Navigation

Student card

Travel Forums North America Student card

1. Posted by applegirl (Full Member 144 posts) 12y

applegirl has indicated that this thread is about USA

Will my student card from a London university do in the States, or do you reckon I should get an ISIC card? (The expiry date is clearly visible on my current student card)


2. Posted by mtlchica (Respected Member 922 posts) 12y

I think you'll have to get an ISIC card - it's iternationally recognizable, unlike IDs from specific schools (if people in the state's aren't familiar with your student ID, they may think it's a fake or just not accept it). I know that my student card from Canada didn't work in Europe. I got my card through a travel agency based in my school, and didn't have to pay for it.

Katie ;)

3. Posted by hil1012 (Budding Member 16 posts) 12y

Hi, I'd say it depends what you are intending to use it for. I am an American, but I use my ID from a British University to get into movies, museum, etc. at the student rate. Unless there is something specific which they would be extra mean about... I'd say you're probably going to be OK.