It's been almost 2 years since I got to UK as WHM. It has been exciting so far, things are progressing very fast for me and I can see loads of Malaysian doing well here.
I'm looking forward to see more Malaysian holiday maker in UK..
The visa allows you to stay in UK for 2 years and work for only a year am I right? Because my visa's T&C states that and I gotta leave after completing my contract. Too expensive to live here with no job!
[ Edit: Edited on Mar 9, 2007, at 2:56 AM by artichoke ]
I currently stay in uk n wil back msia on 14th of march bcos my visitor visa is almost expire. I plan 2 apply 4 the WHM when i back msia. However i got some question regarding the application of WHM which state below,
1) If i got the offer letter of UK university, should i submit a photocopy of tis offer letter as additonal document 2 support my application? wil tis offer letter added advantage 4 me ?
2) Is tat if we submit as many document as we can wil giv us the benefits no nid go through the interview n directly get the WHM visa??
3) If i got friend o relatives stay in Uk,, is tat means tat i can get the tenancy agreement form them???
Hope every1 can provide some opinion n suggestion according 2 thier expereince n Good luck 4 every1 in their interview 4 WHM....
I'm a Malaysian working in Singapore and I'm thinking of applying for the WHV too here from Singapore. Hopefully I can gather some info here from those who'd done this.
1. I intend to go only in end of June / early July so is it too early to apply for the visa now? The reason is that my current job requires 2 month's notice so I want to make sure that I get the visa before i quit my job.
2. Is there a time limit where you need to enter UK after your visa is approved?
3. What kind of job do you guys do over there? Is it easy to get a job?
4. For the funding proof, do I show my Singapore bank account statement? Or I need to have a UK bank account to show the funds I have?
Thanks for any input / info shared.
hi, i from mys and got the visa in sg. i wish my ans will help.
1. You can postdate for up to 3 months from the date you apply the visa.
2. You must enter UK in within 3 months from the valid date.
3. I think it really depends on your luck.
4. Just show your SG bank statement. No nd UK bank account.
Indeed, a WHM are only allowed to stay up to 2 years and spend only 1 year working. But you are able to switch to Work Permit or HSMP after that.
I got my visa today..!!!!! yeeehaaaa!!!
I've attended the interview this afternoon.
the questions they asked was general questions based on what u wrote in your application form, about ur friend who'll sponsor the accomodation, about ur financial, what kind of job that u will do..etc
be prepare with the answer since the question is quite tricky..and dont forget to plan ur travel..where u wanna go..which places..
I wish u guys will get the visa like i did..
to Shillaa...good luck to u girl ( she'll be attending the interview on wednesday)
to suansuan..have u submitted ur application?
i can't stop smiling since afternoon!
Yippie!!!! Im soo happy...I GOT D VISA!!! atlast i can have a proper night sleep... im leaving in exactly 2 week...cant wait!
Thank u all u guy...mayaonis..and suan suan for all the help and support! suan have u submitted your application?
it will be nice to meet up with some u'll who are going to UK too..so, plz keep in touch..as we may have m'sian reunion every now and then!
Congrat girl! sure..we'll be keep in touch.I'll leave u msg later on...
what needs to go on the ivetation form????????????? anyone know
dose all this info from malaysia appl to Canada dose anmyone know???
Hi i really hope you can help me, i live in Canada, Alberta. I am a canadian citizen i have been since 92 i think i moved to Canada when i was 5 i got my citizen ship in 92 i also have a working passport witch i travel with i am not married and i am between the age of 17-30 (24)
i am willing to relocate to the U.K for up 2 years and i can support myself i am doing that as we speak working in Alberta. i attached my C.V witch i think is a resume. Well so far i am going for a working holidaymaker visa i have all my papers filled out and ready 2 send with my photo do i need help on what else i can put in this letter like maybe my passport a photo copy of it or my Social insurance # or anything i don't know i wanna make sure i have all i need before i send it away... i already payed my flight 2 england London leaving may31st.... the reason i wanna go there is 2 work and not only that my G.F lives there who i been with for 2 years and its hard 2 see her threw the year so i am hoping i can get this visa it will mean a lot to me, i will be staying with her as soon as i get there so i have a place to stay at and will be looking for a job right away.. plezz get back to me A.S.A.P thank you so much
and what goes in the invatation letter??