Skip Navigation

1. Posted by george1979 (Full Member 101 posts) 10y

Hi guys,

I am getting a WHV for a trip this year and have a wee question. I know i should get a tax number or whatever but have read on here there may be other things i might need. The only work i would be looking for would be unskilled bar/office work or that kind of thing. Do i need any other documentation or is the WHV OK for this?

2. Posted by robbo_gsi (Full Member 81 posts) 10y

Hey George

No you won't need anything other than a WHV and ure Tax File Number for unskilled work. It usually takes a couple of weeks for your TFN to come through tho.

3. Posted by milt1978 (Budding Member 32 posts) 10y

Hi Hi,

If you dont get a Tax file number you will get charged about 47% tax!

But you can only get a Tax file number once in Australia despite what some companies may say (they just want your money) and once your there its FREE, dont get ripped off

4. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 10y

You will also need to provide an address to the ATO so they can post you your TFN.