Skip Navigation

Travel Insurance

Travel Forums Europe Travel Insurance

1. Posted by ezza (Budding Member 3 posts) 10y

I am trying to decide what kind of travel insurance to get (live in Aust and going to Europe for 6 months), and to be honest i am really confused. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance that actually covers you for things such as white water rafting, watersports, riding a scooter etc. Also I noticed that most insurances don't cover you if you are intoxicated, that's a bit scary considering the amount aussies drink whilst they are overseas and the number of stupid things we could possibly do. Does anyone one know of a policy that doesn't have that clause in it?

2. Posted by oslaue (Full Member 571 posts) 10y

in relation to the drinking part in term of any activitys they dont allow you to be under the influence of alcohol! in some instances - organizations will test you for alcohol!

[ Edit: Edited on Jan 18, 2007, at 12:30 AM by oslaue ]

3. Posted by ezza (Budding Member 3 posts) 10y

oh yeah I don't mean I would bunjee jump parro, not that dumb lol, but if I fell over and broke my leg (just for example) wjilst drunk then would I be covered for medical expenses?

4. Posted by bentivogli (Travel Guru 2398 posts) 10y

I don't suppose that would be covered... IF they ever find out, which is slightly unlikely.

Also on Travellerspoint

Why travellers need good insurance

worldnomads promo code - SAVE7