We're wondering what the situation is (if any) on visas for Vietnam - hope someone can guide us as to what to do...
There are so many versions of what is required, it would be great to know some specifics, like:
- Do we need a visa to enter Vietnam?
If we do,
- who do we get it from?
- what visa do we need for a 2-4 week stay?
- when can we get it? Would prefer to get at airport, on arrival, can we do this?
- where can we get it from?
- what items do you need ie) passport photos etc
Thank you so much, any response will help us reach another of our travel goals
P.S. We're currently in Thailand and need to do our visa run by 5 February.
This has been asked/answered several times. I will send you what you need in a PM.
Hello from Vietnam,
Hereunder is information about Visa to Vietnam.
Others who want to enter Vietnam must be provided with a visa.
- Visa is issued at the Vietnamese diplomatic offices or consulates in foreign countries.
- Visa-on-arrival is possibly issued at the border gates to those who have written invitations by a Vietnamese competent agencies or tourists in the tours organized by Vietnamese international travel companies.
Application files for visa:
- the entrance application (printed form) must be accurate and full-information; two 4x6 photos; passport and fee for the visa issuance.
- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Not more than 14 days: It will be applied when the multilateral visa -free travel agreement takes force for citizens of Cambodia, Brunei, and Myanmar travel within the Asean region.
Hope this help!