Hello I guess this is more of a paniced rant than anything. I just wondered if anyone else is liable to be effected by the proposed strikes. Im having problems actually getting any information-Im due to fly on the 31st, I spoke to my travel agents and all they are saying is that I need to wait until nearer the time. I apreciate that they are waiting to hear more from British Airways but its so frustrating. Has anyone else been in this situation before? Any advice?
Have you had a look at all your travel insurance documents etc to see if you're covered for a different flight if yours is cancelled? I know that's not ideal, especially if you've already arranged something for when you arrive at your destination.
At the end of the day there's not really anything you can do so try not to panic, everyone else wanting to get on a plane is in the same situation. I know I'm not being very helpful, but I would say check your documents to find out what happens should the situation occur and keep an eye on the news. This morning they called it a 2-day strike, so it may well be over by the 31st.
Good luck, have a great time, you'll get there!
Hi, thanks sarah. I took the decision to bring my flight forward to avoid the strike as it does look like it will go ahead. So my big round the world trip is starting on saturday rather than Wednesday-today has been really stressful getting everything sorted but I think its for the best. BA let me change my flights free of charge-the main cost iv incurred is extra accomodation but iv decided not to get stressed about it-im going to se my extra 4 days in singapore as pure holiday time-booked into a nice hotel by the beach on sentosa-il just have to save a bit extra when I start working in Oz-its not the end of the world. The only upsetting thing is not been able to say goodbye to some friends and family-but they will be here when I get back and everyone has said iv done the right thing.
So thats me off on Saturday!
That's brilliant Hels, have an amazing time!