Hello, I'm a new member looking for advice on flights within Australia. I will be flying from Adelaide to Melbourne to Sydney to Brisbane and then back to Adelaide in March this year. Currently, I am able to book all of these flights for a total cost of about $400 (if I get in quickly before they sell out). However, I've been hearing a great deal about Virgin Blue's Happy Hour and I'm curious to hear from people who have booked tickets (or visited the web site) during these sales periods. The main questions I have are:
1. How much money did you save buying these tickets?
2. What are the chances that flights to the places I'm visiting will be available?
3. Do you have to fly at specific times?
4. Are the sales only available for a specific time period, e.g. only for the next two weeks, etc?
5. Do you think I'm better off booking my tickets now as $400 is a pretty damn good deal?
Any other advice is hugely appreciated.
Also, I am booked into Footprints backpackers in Sydney and Bowen Terrace backpackers in Brisbane. Has anyone stayed there? What did you think?
Thank you in advance for your help.