Bullfighting is a custom rejected by the mayority of spanish people nowadays, but is and industry too, an industry that moves lots of money and political influences.
In manySpanish Communities people don't support this bizarre kind of "culture", but it keeps going thanks to the tourism from over the world.
One less do makes a difference, don't support torture. See this video(Not to sensitive people):
Torture is not art nor culture
For those going to Spain:
- Have so much fun
- Go into the Sagrada Familia if you are in Barcelona
- Enjoy the Movida Madrileña
- Eat some tapas wherever you'll be
- Don't miss the Guggenheim at Bilbao
- Drink some Sangria together with a great Paella
- If you are there in Easter go to Sevilla to see the "procesiones de Semana Santa"
And of course, if you wanna experience a particular part of the spanish ancient culture go to a see a Corrida. You may love it or hate it, but it's just part of it.
ps: I'm spaniard and I've never been in one, neither I like it.
In a world where children starve, where human rights are sistematically violated, where wars are still part of our world...
[ Edit: Edited on Jan 28, 2007, at 3:29 PM by Dem ]