Skip Navigation

1. Posted by BLINDUSAR (Budding Member 16 posts) 9y


I have now started looking at the many many discount cards available for Oz and NZ... But I dont know which would be best to get.

I heard some give you a discount on Greyhound but I cant find any info on the Greyhound website about which cards give the discount and if its valid on the 3000Km tickets.

Im under 24Yrs so Im ok to get the cheaper under 26Yr cards, but which ones?

So quick recap of questions...

Which to get?
Should we get more than one?



2. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4890 posts) 9y

Greyhound only asks for "a backpacker card" to give the discount. Any will do. Same for most other discounts you get with them.
So, get the card that belongs to the hostel organization you prefer to use. very very very generalized and short: YHA is clean and quiet, VIP is party, Nomads is alternative. (Search older threads on this subject for a more extensive characterization.)

3. Posted by BLINDUSAR (Budding Member 16 posts) 9y

Cheers... Im looking all over and trying to compare the route we may be taking down to where each group has hostels.