Skip Navigation

Which anti-Malarials? Japanese B Encephalitis risk? HELP!!!

Travel Forums Asia Which anti-Malarials? Japanese B Encephalitis risk? HELP!!!

  • 1
  • 2

Last Post

11. Posted by Mel. (Travel Guru 4567 posts) 9y

Hello Stowaway

Go to a tropical clinic. They usually have all the vaccinations, at hand.
I dont know the ones in London, but there should be a list, in the yellow pages, or on the internet.
It is always better to go to the tropical clinics, for travelling stuff. Many doctors know little about travel illnesses and vaccinations.
U can also get the info u need, on the web site, of the world health organisation, if u are going to a regular doctor. I usually print it out, and bring it with me, in case they have a different opinion.


12. Posted by hamjunkie (Budding Member 62 posts) 9y

My travel clinic suggested Malerone or doxycyline (depending how much you want to spend, Malerone is meant to be better but alot more expensive) and i had the Japanese B Encephalitis as was told i needed it as am travelling for longer than a month

13. Posted by stowaway (Budding Member 28 posts) 9y

I've been to Nomad's in Victoria and had the first Encephalitis jab. I can only have 2 out of the 3 you're meant to have because of the time limit, but I suppose any cover is better than none at all!

As far as the anti-malarials go, I'm waiting to see if the nurse calls me tomorrow as promised, or hangs her head in shame and hides :)

  • 1
  • 2