Just read Lp's blu list so i was kinda inspired to compile my own life list- things that i want to do before i die, travel wise... Well, i've just done mine and am interested to know what your lifelist would look like...
Right now, mine is
1. Trans-Siberian - Russia to China on rail
2. China to Tibet on rail
3. Finish a Technical Mountaineering Course
Oh boy have I been thinking about this.
South America (probably a lot of time in Buenos Aires and surrounding areas, going to study there for a semester)
Eastern Europe by bike (starting more Central in Germany and Czech Republic, then the Danube trail and up into Moldova--ancestors from there).
Kenya (Nairobi, Mt. Kilimanjaro..)
India/South Asia (for several months in order to stay in different regions)
Korea/Japan/China (probably more time in Japan)
Central America (hoping to drive back home in Philly from Panama.. anyone ever do that or something like that?)
...and anywhere else that these travels may take me.
[ Edit: Edited on Feb 26, 2007, at 10:48 AM by abesworld ]
For the next 5 years I guess it will be travelling for around 10-12 weeks a year, buying another house and work in between
Starting off with Australia next month!
Present list of big goals:
- to finish off my major goals in my home continent, I want to drive up to Alaska all the way to the Arctic Ocean and back. Also want to explore remote northeastern Canada (the Labrador region) via car with the James Bay Road and Trans-Taiga road being two definite routes.
- trans-Africa trip lasting almost an entire year
- hike Mt Kilimanjaro
- explore the Mt Everest region of Tibet
Amongst many other smaller ones and general travel of course...
Well, I am just going to keep doing more traveling to more destinations, until I die. Or at least, as long as I am physically able.
I dont really have a list. Wherever becomes interesting to me, will be where I go.
Too many to mention but my top 5 are:
1. See more of my home country, starting with Broome*
2. More of the middle east*
3. Back to India*
4. Trans Siberian*
5. Virgin Galactic space flight*
- Subject to frequent random changes (sometimes daily).
hmm i've made a list similar to this, but to be honest, it's about 5 pages long!! why is it always the more you travel, the more places you want to add to your list?? it's almost a curse... but i love it
here are the top items on my "to do" list...
1. make enough money or become independently wealthy so i can just travel for the rest of my life without having to work the 9-5 job...(i wish!)
2.USA cross-country trip...stopping at all of the big national parks (yellowstone, yosemite, arches, etc.)
3. southeast asia (thailand, vietnam, cambodia, laos)
4. mt. kilimanjaro (haveta get in shape first!)
5. seychelles (no idea why, but these islands completely intrigue me)
6. turkey/greece/jordan - would love to see petra and santorini looks like the most romantic place ever!
7. work abroad teaching english - i'm getting my master's degree in tesol!
I totally agree with chiquitta...
The more you travel the more you want to see and do. it is abit of a curse but a good one
Ok, i think i have a new one to add on: join the amazing race asia....