Skip Navigation

UK Working Holidaymakers

Travel Forums Europe UK Working Holidaymakers

Page 1 ... ...

Last Post

211. Posted by blurgal (Budding Member 2 posts) 12y

Hi guys

Just a couple of questions. I remember reading that only the VFS (at Wisma MCA, Jln Ampang) will be processing all Brit visas from now on. Meaning we can't go direct to BHC. Is this true?

Next, supposing I DO submit my application forms along with my passport. IF I do get called for an interview in 2006 (since it's stated there's a year long waiting list), does this mean BHC will keep my passport til the interview date? Meaning I m literally grounded in Msia (can't even fly to East Msia) for the whole of 2005??? Or will I get back my passport and relevant documents and wait til the interview?

Lastly, as for my documents (academic, professional, birth certs), do we submit originals? Or will photocopies do? Will VFS verify these photocopies on the spot when we submit the application?

Just weighing the pros and cons from all tis WHV.


212. Posted by cwail (Budding Member 5 posts) 12y

Hi Blurgal,

Yes, we have to apply it in MCA, Jalan Ampang these days. I've been in UK since September this year with a working holiday visa as well. That time i applied in British Council but now they changed it.

Regarding the scheduling for interview in one year time, i do not know whether you can have all your documents back or not.

Original copies of documents have to be submitted in order to apply. They dun accept photocopies doc.

Bottom line is, UK is not as fun as i expected. Really hard to find a job. They either hire us as part timers or temporary workers...there is no fix or permanent job for us, they won't hire. Find it hard to survive though.


213. Posted by Left Right (Budding Member 4 posts) 12y

hello all,

just to answer your they will not keep your documents for a year. You can call up the centre, or write a letter requesting for your passport, and they will have it ready in 2-3 days..then you can pick up all your original docs, while still queing for your interview..


214. Posted by vasz13 (Budding Member 3 posts) 12y

Hi Blurgal,

I've just recently submitted my application and photocopies of original certs and other documents required seem to be sufficient. Just bring along the originals with you so that they can sight the originals if they need to.

Best of luck on your applications.

215. Posted by jaimeliew (Budding Member 11 posts) 12y

Hi vasz13,

Does that mean if we bring along both originals and photocopies, they will not necessary take the originals?

I remember in the checklist, it says that a friend or family has to write a letter confirming the arrangement of our stay? Do you think they accept email form or must it be signed in a formal letter?

216. Posted by ssa962 (Budding Member 2 posts) 12y

Hi All,
I have a question for you. The question is - Can I get enrolled in a university while I am on Working Holiday Maker visa?
I'll really appreciate any suggestion on this.
Thanks in advance

217. Posted by vasz13 (Budding Member 3 posts) 12y

Hi Jaime,

To answer your question, yes they do not take the originals. They just need a photocopy of the certs.

I'm not sure if they accept emails. You can ask the visa center. I got my friend to write a short letter, sign it and fax it to me. I guess it is better than an email. Hope this helps.

218. Posted by savah (Budding Member 4 posts) 12y

Quoting ssa962

Hi All,
I have a question for you. The question is - Can I get enrolled in a university while I am on Working Holiday Maker visa?
I'll really appreciate any suggestion on this.
Thanks in advance

why u should possibly want to get a WHM visa in order to enroll in a university... If you are going towards this direction, i mean studies, is a lot better imho to apply straight away for a student visa... You will get relatively easy as soon as you have the papers of enrollment from your uni....

219. Posted by daphn3 (Budding Member 4 posts) 12y

Hi brian,

Thanks for replying. By the way, after ur short course there, have u been traveling around UK alot since, or just hang on to a place. U know they do mention that they expect us to travel around too,will they find out if we jz stick to a place working without moving about?

By the way, how's ur life over there? ;)


220. Posted by daphn3 (Budding Member 4 posts) 12y

Hi Sam,

i do agree with savah. It's much more simpler if u apply for a student visa. I did ask a professor frm a UK Uni about enrolling to their Uni with this WHM visa which they said is quite improper to do so, much more if it's a long term course.
He did suggest that if your course is to be longer than say 12 months, u can check out the UK Resident permit.

best of luck ,

Page 1 ... ...

Last Post