Skip Navigation

UK Working Holidaymakers

Travel Forums Europe UK Working Holidaymakers

Page ...

Last Post

41. Posted by helenji (Budding Member 9 posts) 12y

well, kaixin... it doesnt matter where u go for your holidays and how long. as long as going for a holiday during tht 2 yrs is in ur agenda. talking about holidays, u can check this website.

42. Posted by skumar (Budding Member 6 posts) 12y

Hey folk,

Pls stop repeating your doesn't work like that....


43. Posted by helenji (Budding Member 9 posts) 12y

sorry to say it... but u juz did the same. its juz tht we've been getting this error msg. probably u got one too


44. Posted by Peter (Admin 5844 posts) 12y

Hey guys,

Sorry about this error! Trying to pinpoint it at the moment, it's becoming rather a nuisance! If it happens to you, can you send me a message on the matter (then again, it may happen to me when I post this :))

p.s. I deleted the double posts to keep things clean.

45. Posted by sylvyy (Full Member 25 posts) 12y

Hi everybody, Thanks for all the tips. Hope everything work out well for all of you guys.
Hey kody, just wondering how different the visa form that you downloaded than the one you got from the british council. Should I get one from the british council as well?
To those who got their visa, what do you guys filled in the last column - other information you wish to provide for the application? Do I need to attach a copy of my bank account book together with the application form?

Siew Yit

46. Posted by helenji (Budding Member 9 posts) 12y

well, sylvyy.. the diff is the form from the embassy is 12 pages and the one frm the website is only 7 pages... at least tht is the diff t ht i found. and yes, u have to attach ur bnk statement. This is wht u will need to submit...

What will I need to make my application?
You will need:

Application form VAF1 - Non-settlement (PDF, 130K)
which you have filled in correctly. You can include any dependants under 16 years old who are included in your passport and travelling with you on the same form. Older dependants should complete separate forms your passport or travel document.
One recent, passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), colour photograph of yourself. The photograph should be:
taken against a light coloured (white, off-white etc.) background
unmounted, clear and of good quality
printed on normal photographic paper
full face and without sunglasses, hat or other head covering unless you wear this for ethnic or religious reasons
Please note that we may not accept photographs which do not meet these specifications.

the visa fee. This cannot be returned and you must normally pay it in the local currency of the country where you are applying

You may also need to show:

evidence of how much money you have
evidence of any travel plans you have made, such as your ticket or a letter from your travel agent showing that you have paid for your journey.


47. Posted by helenji (Budding Member 9 posts) 12y

thank you peter... u r a gem;)

48. Posted by sylvyy (Full Member 25 posts) 12y

I actually downloaded two versions of the form. One is 12 pages that I downloaded quite sometime ago and the 7 pages I just downloaded a few days ago. But just the font is smaller.Probably I'll get one from the embassy as well just to be safe. Thanks Helen.

49. Posted by helenji (Budding Member 9 posts) 12y

You know wht... i juz came back from the visa application centre. Went there and got myself a copy of the form. I think both the forms r almost the same, but the new one is printed front and back. But juz to be on the safe side... I'll go back and compare both forms.

50. Posted by sylvyy (Full Member 25 posts) 12y

Hey I think the 12 pages is the old version cause the name is VAF1 2003 and VAF1 2004 contains 7 pages. Not much different except the font and the space to fill in.

Page ...

Last Post