Skip Navigation

What do you do if your over 30 and want to work in Aus/Nz?

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific What do you do if your over 30 and want to work in Aus/Nz?

1. Posted by Bongo1 (First Time Poster 1 posts) 9y

My wife and i are currently planning a RTW trip and naturally want to check out aus & nz. Problem is all the holiday working visa's seems to be for 18-30 y.o!!??, is there another way we can can stay and work in these places or is there some other sort of visa requirement? thanks for the help.

2. Posted by anglosurma (Respected Member 106 posts) 9y

Unfortunately you cannot apply for a working holiday visa , you could turn up ther but it will not be easy if your over 30 aus and want to work , it will mean taking a chance , and trying to find cash in hand work or a sponsor unless you have a required skill, check the australian goverment website the listing are here .

3. Posted by bex76 (Moderator 3736 posts) 9y

I think you can apply for one if you are over 30 as my friend did it; you just have to justify why you want one/what you could offer to the economy etc. If you have a shortage skill this will obviosuly be easier but if not I wouldn't rule it out. I have never dealt with Australian immigration but when i had to apply for a work permit in NZ the immigration enquiries line was very useful - you should be able to speak to someone about your query if you find out the UK numbers for these.