I'm doing 11 days on th Inca Trail in a couple of weeks and looking for some absolute musts thaat i've probably forgotten about??? I'm still in the process of breaking in my new hiking boots so hopefully won't have blistered and bloody heels by the time i go.
Well first I would have to ask where are you going for 11 days on the Inca Trail? Second, I would take a pair of flip flops. Light weight and you will love them around camp. Also maybe a deck or cards.. Otherwise just the standard packing list should do. Maybe a blow up pillow.
My husband did the trail a couple of weeks ago.
Raining gear are a must and hiking sticks are very useful.
Anyway, the travel agency you booked the trail with will provide you a list of what you need.
And don´t worry, if you forget anything you surely can find it in Cusco.
Before heading off on the inca trail I made a list of what I thought were the essentials. I used pretty much none of what I brought!
These are what I now consider musts!
- 1 - Toilet Paper
- 2 - Sanitary Handwash
- 3 - Energy boosters such as a few snickers bars, bag of cocoa leaves, chewing gum
- 4 - Water purification tabs
- 5 - Walking stick
- 6 - MP3 player and camera (maybe not essentials for other ppl)
- 7 - Immodium (there was a guy in our group with persistent diarrhoea for 3 days - not pleasant!! )
- 8 - one change of clothes (I brought 3 - waste of space and extra weight that you dont want)
- 9 - insect repellent
Hope the helps!