I have taken a one year sabbatical from work so have 11 months to see as much as I can of Central and South Ameria budget permitting!
I have a return ticket to Antigua, Caribbean from the UK.
Well after months of planning and researching I have almost finalised my itinerary and would appreciate any feedback or advise on plans
- Fly out to Antigua, Caribbean on 9 May 2007, with my friend who will be travelling with me for the 1st 6 weeks. Staying with a friend.
- Fly to St Lucia on 11 May 2007 for the Jazz Festival.
- Ferry to Martinique
- Ferry to Dominica
- Ferry to Guadeloupe
- Fly back to Antigua on 31 May 2007 to meet up with friends arriving from the UK
- Fly to Montserrat to visit a friend. Possibly take in some more Caribbean islands.
- Friend flies back to the UK on 20 June 2007. Contemplating whether to head over to Mexico now or wait till after Antigua Carnival though this doesn't take place to the 1st week in August.
- Fly into Mexico. Probably Cancun as cheaper than Mexico city from the Caribbean.
- Enrol in a Spanish school for 2/3 weeks.
- Overland - Mexico - Belize - Guatemala - El Salvador - Honduras - Nicaragua - Costa Rica - Panama.
- Fly to Columbia
- Overland to Peru - Inca Trail
- Overland to Brazil - Work my way up to Venezuela.
- Ferry to Trinidad
- Fly to Barbados
- Fly to Antigua - then back to UK - Due back at work on 29 April 2008.
Oh and just a couple of questions...
1. Am I better off deciding excatly when I want to head over to central america and book my flight while in the UK? Alternatively I could book it online while in Antigua.
2. Do I need to book my Inca Trail now? Plan on being in Peru Nov/Dec 07. What will the weather be like that time of the year?
3. Would love to see more of South America but am not sure that I will have enough time or if my budget would permit. Is there anything/anywhere extra I could possibly squeeze in?
Phew!! So what do ya reckon??!!!