Having just finished some research in this area, i thought id start a discussion on where people prefer to book holidays, flights ect.
Obviously for flights, vendors are the new player with everybody going to the likes of Easyjet for cheap euro flights.
But with package holidays and accommodation, has the internet actually had an affect on how you book a holiday? Its obvious from my research (some of which was conducted on here) that the high street travel agents are being incredibly de-valued and many people see it as a thing of the past.
by the way i said i was going to post up some results to the survey that i conducted on here a couple of months ago (thanks mods, esp Sam) so here it is, sorry its a bit late.
• The Majority of internet users research their travel products online most of the time.
• The Majority of internet users purchase their travel products online most of the time.
• The Majority of internet users never research their travel products online and then go on to book with a high street travel agent.
• The Majority of internet users are mostly influenced to purchase by the price of the travel product.
• The Majority of internet users would be most influenced by prominent special offers when searching for a travel product.
• The majority of people would like to communicate online with accommodation or flight vendors.
I havent properly analysed the results yet just taken the majority feelings on each question.. still some interesting points.
Anyways please feel free to post your feelings about the future of the high street travel agents and your feelings towards them!
[ Edit: Edited on Apr 23, 2007, at 3:14 AM by flintstone ]