Skip Navigation

What company to claim tax back with??

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific What company to claim tax back with??

1. Posted by robbo_gsi (Full Member 81 posts) 9y

Hey all......

As not sure who to use to get maximum refunds. Ave been looking into Travellersxpress but there's bound to be others out there that are just as good if not better....

anyone got any experience with others that they wud recommend??


2. Posted by aharrold45 (Travel Guru 1281 posts) 9y

You'll have to let people know what area you are in at the moment for them to tell you. I know the best place in Hobart/the area I live, but it isn't a national place, so unless you are in Hobart I can't help you.
So if you let people know what city you want to get it done in, then they can be more of a help.

3. Posted by robbo_gsi (Full Member 81 posts) 9y

aw sorry, i didnt realise it would have anything to do with what state am in, but am in QLD and will be there until I leave oz

4. Posted by lil j (Travel Guru 1303 posts) 9y

I'll be having the same prob actually, i've now returned to the uk. I got an online free estimation from, i mean it seemed ok but like you say there are so many, i'm going to go by word of mouth. Try looking online to see if others offer free estimations!

Let me know if you find anything.


5. Posted by hmclehto (Full Member 142 posts) 9y

is this silly question but why don't you use government page it takes a little longer to get your tax back than some companies, but no fees....

6. Posted by ozman (Full Member 118 posts) 9y

Go to the ATO website and download the "E-TAX" program. It is really pretty self-explanatory if your tax is straightforward. If you income was from employment and your deductions are simple, then pretty much anyone can do an Aussie tax return.

You do need to wait until you get all of your group certificates for the financial year, which does not end until 30 June. The group certificates can take up until about October to arrive; however, you can call your employers and ask them the details on the certificate and enter them straight into the tax return.

Tax is sort of something I do for mates, so drop me an email if you are in trouble.


7. Posted by robbo_gsi (Full Member 81 posts) 9y

cheers pete, i know exactly wot you mean. the e-tax for 2007 is currently unavailable til 1st july but i'll fill that in when it becomes available. the details on the group certificate is basically a summary of ure tax for the year etc isn't it?? it'll also have employers details too i suspect??

i actually printed off a form entitled "tax return for individuals 2007". is this another hard copy version of what e-tax is?

thanks guys for your help

8. Posted by robbo_gsi (Full Member 81 posts) 9y

o yeh i forgot to to you receive the rebate? by cheque or directly into acc??

and how long approx does it take providing all the forms are filled out correctly?