Skip Navigation

Work in Ski fields in Chile and RUT Visa

Travel Forums Central/South America & The Caribbean Work in Ski fields in Chile and RUT Visa

1. Posted by strayalien (Budding Member 120 posts) 9y

This thread is marked as being about Chile

G'day i'm looking to do the ski season in Chile next year and have been looking around for some info about getting work at one of the resorts there.
It seems that i am going to need what is called an RUT (residency visa) and was wondering how i go about getting one of these and what the employment opportunities are like....i'm not looking to make great money,just do a bit of boarding.
I can speak some Spanish and am going to get private lessons over the summer so will be fluent come next winter (i hope).

Any info would be really appreciated.....
Sorry i couldn't write this in Spanish yet.

Thanks heaps

2. Posted by mmartinez (Budding Member 11 posts) 9y

Dean, I do not know if you are a United States Citizen or what is your country of nationality is.

The first place to get information is to contact the local Chilean Embassy or consulate.

Here is a link to information on the Chilean Embassy websit in Washington D.C.
Additionally, here are some links to the local SKI resorts:

Valle Nevado
La Parva
Termas de Chillan

There are many more smaller mountains and volcanos with skiing in Chile.

Those are just the larger places where I believe that they have a rotation of people who work there from abroad. I have personally met a few people in my time in Chile who are the SKI YEAR ROUND type and fly back and forth each year from the northern hemisphere to Chile.

3. Posted by strayalien (Budding Member 120 posts) 9y

Thanks loads.
I am an Australian citizen and have since found out that getting a work visa is no problem.

4. Posted by sgeorge (First Time Poster 1 posts) 5y


I am an australian Citizen as well & im really keen to do the snow season in chille 2012.. how did you go about getting a visa? is it hard/expense to get?

please help :)