Skip Navigation

Motorhomes / Campervans !!!???

Travel Forums Australia / New Zealand & The Pacific Motorhomes / Campervans !!!???

1. Posted by Annmariejp (Budding Member 9 posts) 9y


My boyfriend and I are thinking of hiring a motorhome/campervan to travel up the west-coast Perth-Darwin. Has anyone hired one before and do you have any advice on which companies to use / avoid? what ID / documents we would need to hire one? any advice would be greatly appreciated


2. Posted by Eire07 (Budding Member 25 posts) 9y

I went through Backpacker Campers, the van they gave me was actually a Britz one, think they are all the same.

You will need a valid drivers licence and will have to pay a bond.
Ours was 2700 dollars.

I would recommend it though, if you book well in advance you can get good deals.

Post 3 was removed by a moderator
4. Posted by Eire07 (Budding Member 25 posts) 9y

Your driving license from back home will work ok, you don't need an international one.

I have just done this trip and mine worked ok.

5. Posted by JessieG (Full Member 67 posts) 9y

about $25 a day. Small van so probably more economical than something bigger, can fit either two or three people.. and they look awesome!