Me and my (4) friends are going in November in London. We already reserved flight to London and back and now we would like to reserve a hostel. We are now looking the Central hostel, does anybody now is it ok? Does anybody have any good idea for budget accomadation (near center and clean)?
What we must see? What we must try (food, drinks,...)? Any special places to go? We would also like to see "normal" London not just turistic sites. So any suggestions?
Thanks for all your help in advance!
Here ia a central London hostel that Aharrold recommended a while ago
Take a look at the youth hostel if you don't particularly dislike their poor services.
Or rather, log on the google UK website, put in 'london hostel central', then you should get the accommodation you like.
I usually go for 35 GBP per night.
good luck, man.
For some 'normal London' things to do:
- Hampstead Village and Highgate Village, very attractive, good for a bit of a wander, shop and a pint.
- Hampstead Heath, lovely for a Sunday afternoon stroll and views over London.
- Greenwich, including the park and the observatory.
- Taking a boat down the Thames as far as the barrier.
- Take a look at the markets - Portobello for random stuff, Borough Market for food.
- Ride on Docklands Light Railway, which runs around the Canary Wharf are a bit like a monorail. Make sure you sit right at the front - there's no driver so you get great views.
- Kew Gardens is fabulous on a sunny day, and Richmond is a nice patch to look around afterwards - Richmond Park is another great place for a walk.
- Brick Lane curries are legendary.
- You'd definitely find some real Londoners at Walthamstow dog track.
- Highgate Cemetery!
- The riverside down by Hammersmith is a good lazy afternoon drinking spot.
how was your trip in London? It has already passed a year since your post! Where did you finally go? Because I will go to London in a couple of weeks also with some friends and I wonder where you went in the end...