Hey everyone, it's been well over a year now since we had our last survey and we decided it was time to bother everyone for their opinions again. Plus, we've got a nice little prize in store for participants courtesy of Lonely Planet, but more on that later..
My main question is whether there are any particularly pertinent questions that you guys would like to see asked?
Based on last year's survey, I think we'll ask the following questions again (it will be interesting to compare how things have changed, if at all):
1. What kind of traveller would you describe yourself as?
2. Do you prefer to travel with other people or by yourself?
3. How often are you likely to travel?
4. What is your dream destination?
5. How many people have you mentioned Travellerspoint to?
6. What features appeal to you most on Travellerspoint?
7. Do you have any features you would particularly like to see added to Travellerspoint?
8. Is anything in the news likely to influence your travel plans?
9. Do you consider the effect your travel has on the environment in your travel plans?
10. How much of your trip do you plan online?
So, the question is .. anything else?
Here are some questions I would like to see people answer
When did you do your first travelling?
What is the most interesting aspect of travelling for you?
How many countries have you been to?
Do you do anything to help the local people, when you travel, like voluntary work?
What got you interested in travelling?
Do your family and friends approve of your travelling?
How much money do you spend on travelling?
[ Edit: Edited on Sep 17, 2007, at 1:59 AM by Mel. ]
Do you travel alone, with one or two friends, in a small group?
Perhaps get a profile of trends - age, sex, nationality etc . . . .
Have you made or met any new friend that you met via Travellerspoint?
Purdy has reminded me of another question I would like to add.
How many friends that you met while travelling are you still in touch with?
1) Do you prefer to do your own planning/bookings, use an agency, or both?
2) On average, how much of your time is spent on the planning phase?
3) Why did you join Travellerspoint?
4) How would you rate Travellerspoint compared to other travel sites you have visited/joined?
How did you find travellerspoint.com?
Like Mickeyboab says, it would be nice if some kind of report was availabe.
Maybe to see if more of a certain age group or sex go to certain places or do certain things or think a certain thing.
I often wonder how many members of each age group are amongst the TP members. It does not say that, in the stats, does it?
I would also like to know if the people answering the survey are parents. Do they travel with their kids and if not who looks after their kids while they travel.
Do the members partners travel? If not, what do they think about the members obsesssion with travelling.
[ Edit: Edited on Sep 17, 2007, at 6:53 AM by Mel. ]
What are some of your quirks while travelling? (can be limited to maximum of five?)
Would you recommend Travellerspoint to your friends?
What's your most memorable travelling experience?
Do you venture into places that are considered "off the beaten track"?
Will post if I think of more!
What is the one thing you can't leave home without?
How involved do you get in Photography?
How many pictures/rolls of film do you take?
What do you miss the most?
What do you miss the least?
What was the best souvenir you brought home?