This is just an "in general" question. I'm hoping to have enough money and time off next year to take a trip somewhere. I really want to get out of the US and experience something new.
Any suggestions of a good place to visit for a first time traveler?? Somewhere that I won't have trouble getting around, finding things, etc...
Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
You have no idea how many people have posted this exact question so you might have a hard time getting a response.
I would definitely recommend for you to go into Latin America!!
- You can drive and save big on flights.
- Even though it's at our door step It is a world apart from the States.
- Don't worry you will be treated like a king/queen. the hospitality is unsurpassed!
- You can find any thing you need in mexico (except Peanut Butter). There are walmarts and similar stores everywhere
- Despite what you may have heard I have found it to be very safe in all regards. I have spent a great deal of time there and not had any problems.
- A lot of people speak english and want to help you. Spanish is very easy to learn.
- Central America ROCKS!
- It is very cheap though out all these countries.
- There is no limit to the experiences you can have.
- The shopping is superb
- The food is world renoun
I have been all over Europe and the world. I think Latin america is the best way to go! Cheap and Awesome! SO MUCH CULTURE!!
If I were you i would suggest that you head down from Loreado, TX Go around the capital (mexico city) to the city of Puebla. This is in my opinion the best city in mexico! High altitude makes the temp great! It has every thing you would ever want. Guadalajara is a great second best. Mazatlan has some great beaches but the heat can be unbearable check the weather b4 you go. If you feel super adventurous there is alway Central America. Still cheap and even more diverse. I recently drove from Arizona to Panama and back. It was no problem, despite what many people told me! Just use you hardwired in common sense!
Hope this helps you! If your interested in doing this post more q's here!
I echo the points of watchdog33. Being in USA, u can visit latin american countries..Start of with Rio carnival in Feb..