To anyone who has been to Pappersali and Almora in Northern India, I'd appreciate your advice on the following questions:
1. Do they offer better views of the Himalayas, compared to Shimla and Mussoorie, in December?
2. More generally, are they more worth a visit than Shimla and Mussoorie?
3. Any tips and suggestions on transportation to Almora from Delhi, and from Almora to Amritsar?
4. I'll be travelling on my own as a solo female. Am I likely to encounter problems trying to find my way from Almora to Pappersali?
Thanks a lot!
I'm Randeep Sharma sitting at Jaipur(Rajasthan), running own travel agency.
I'm replying your questions 1 by 1 in the sequence.
1. Yes, Pappersali offers better view of Himalayas, than Shimla and Mussoorie, But it is purely depends on your luck, because clouds offers obstacle very frequently.
2. Not really, because Shimla & Mussoorie have thier own beauty and charm to see.
3. Almora is very well connected thru train & road. Nearest Rly station is Ram Nagar is 90 km. and so Kathgodam. Where as Delhi is 380 km. and Lucknow is 460 km. far from Almora by road. From Almora to Amritsar you have to come back to Delhi and than Amritsar.
4. You may face some problems, but normally people of that area are easy going and helping by nature.
[Mod: Promotional content removed]
[ Edit: No promos allowed. ]
i went to almora ages ago....
the views are brilliant!! (atleast were at that time)
Almora is less of a tourist destination so its more pristine...fewer ppl...hence less commercial on the flip side may have some trouble (though i doubt it) with accommodation
people are extremely friendly n helpful.
you could hire a taxi from delhi to take u all over it may be on d expensive side but will make things hassle free.
jus a tip avoid wering really short clothes...its a cultural thing
sorry dont know about pappersali.