Skip Navigation

working through out UK/Europe

Travel Forums Europe working through out UK/Europe

1. Posted by Daglz (Budding Member 32 posts) 9y

hey guys i am travelling to the UK in June where i plan on working where ever i can pick up work. This may be a stupid question but my plan is to also go through Ireland and europe, do i need separate working visa's for all three places or will the UK one cover them all?
Your help would be much appreciated

2. Posted by jaxstar84 (Respected Member 415 posts) 9y

where are you from?

3. Posted by Daglz (Budding Member 32 posts) 9y

sorry i forgot to mention I am from Australia

4. Posted by jaxstar84 (Respected Member 415 posts) 9y

a UK working visa will cover england, scotland, wales and northern ireland, i THINK. you need a seperate visa to work in ireland. when u get a working holiday visa in ireland you need to actually have a permanent residence thats NOT a hostel before you can get a tax file number (or something similar).

if you wanna work in mainland europe then you need a visa unless you can find tax free work, which is hard, unless you wanna be a nanny or work in childcare... youll need a visa for every country you wanna work in. but as an aussie, youre lucky that you can get working holiday visas easily in alot of european countries... tho you can only get them once, so if u plan on coming back it might pay to NOT get a working visa in every country just for a few weeks... you can work in the UK for a while n save money there as the pound is woth more than the euro...