Hi all, Well in February I will be having a weeks holiday during Spring Festival (as I am living in the south of China). I was thinking about a 6 hour train to Kunming and then the 2 and a half hour flight back over to Thailand and spend a week on the islands, as what I have in mind is the following: -
(1) - Somewhere hot where I can get a little colour back in my cheeks
(2) - Somewhere quite (ish) with beautiful beaches and sea's to swim in
(3) - BUT... like the islands in Thailand somewhere with a bit of night life where you can meet new people and have 1... ok maybe 20 beers
(4) - Somewhere to do a little shopping i.e. Bangkok. clothes...clothes...clothes
(5) also somewhere cheap (ish) if possible
Does anyone have any other ideas to help me decide? As I did also think about ShangHai, HongKong etc... but maybe too expensive?