I am staying at the Dragon Hostel in Mong Kok, Hong Kong for 2 nights in March on my way back from the Philippines, and i am just lookin for some general advice on transport down to the harbour to see HK island and general things to do both in Mong Kok and TST and HK island itself. I'm looking for the usual decent bars for the evening and sights to see for the day. I only have 1 full day there (although I have 2 full nights!!! yay!!!). Any help would be greatly appreciated (please do not direct me to any Irish bars or other UK style bars!)
Has noone here ever been to Hong Kong?????????
Hong Kong... Loved the place.
Things to do....
1. Pink Dolphins. You can arrange a trip easily enough and it´s great to see these animals before they´re extinct (reckoned to be in a few years time !!!!! unfortunately!)
2. The Big Buddha. You can get a trip from town out there or catch the ferry yourself (what we did) fairly straight forward and a good day trip.
3. Walk at night on Hong Kong Island and view the lights and the city below.
4. Catch the ferry and then the bus to the Other side of Hong Kong Island to see where all the British Ex Pats live ??? Should you wish... we never did this.
5. Happy Valley Horse Racing. Brilliant night out. Cheap beer and in the centre of town. We got smashed and ended up on Hong Kong TV being interviewed by the local Horse racing pundit Amusing or what !!!! Nice guy though and bought us a beer afterwards to say thanks!
6. Kowloon Markets. Great fun and the food stalls are brilliant also.
Hope this helps a little bit