Am seeking some assistance!
Am doing a Contiki trip and winding down in Barcelona for 3 nights afterwards...To rock out at the Bruce Springsteen concert! he he
But was wanting some advice on the following:
1) Best location to book hotel/hostel
2) What is the nightlife like in Barcelona?
3) Best attractions to go and see
4) Is it easy to get around the city?
5) Weather in July?
Thanks guys! And catch ya all down the travelling road somewhere!
1) Las Ramblas is a safe bet. Central and where most tourist stay.
2) Very good. Around las ramblas there are mostly bars and pubs. The first night we were looking for a club, just walking around at random, and we actually couldnt find any. Better to take a taxi if you are going clubbing. We found one good club at las ramblas later, fellinis or something. Recommended. And stay away from port olympic. Tourist trap. Pacha and la terrassa was great too.
3) Lots of things to see. Most people at least go to see sagrada familia and the picasso museum. Lots of great architecture too. Nou camp if you like football. When i was there there were a great photo exhibition. Even my friend who dont like football enjoyed it.
4) Yes, with the subway system or taxis. Not very expensive.
5) Hot. Around 30 degrees celsius, usually bit more.
July will be hot i went at the beginning of August and just wanted to melt. I recommend using the open top tourist buses i think we payed 20€ for a two day pass, it took us everywhere we wanted to see. All the Gaudi stuff, camp nou, the beach ect.
1) Las rambalas, i stayed in the kabul hostel there which was great, clean and young crowd with party atmosphere, free meals too and cheap!
2) nighlife is great, one of the best cities in europe for it!
3) Gaudi! the big cathederal that they're building (although i found the tour on the inside a bit lacking as it was just a building site). theres a gaudi park thats pretty good too. other than that the beach and marina area is pretty cool
4) yeah, the public transport is pretty easy to work out
1) Anywhere central is a good bet. The hotels generally end up pretty pricey, so if you're on a tight budget I would go for a hostel or shared apartment. When I first came to Barcelona I stayed in an apartment like this. Great atmosphere as I was sharing with other people who had come to do a similar thing to me and was only 5 minutes walk from the Ramblas etc. The website was www.apartamentsurgell.com.
2) The night lifes great, you just need to know where to go. Like 'Yeah' has said most of the clubs are spread out around the city.
3) Parc Güell and La Pedrera are a must.
4) With the metro you can get to any part of the city within half an hour tops. And if you want to go by taxi they're not to expensive either.
5) Normally good, 90% of the days are beach weather
Good luck, see you out there!
I wouldn't reccomend those tourist buses, they will show u a great deal of the city but you won't see anything at all. they are expensive and they won't take you to the main places, such as parc güell, the forum building, the beaches, the gothic quarter, etc...