I just wanted some clarity / confirmation on whether i need to apply for visa's to the following countries as part of my RTW trip before I depart. I think i know most of the visa requirements, but just wanted to check!
Please could someone let me know for the following places:
Better to be safe than sorry!
It would depend on if you have got a criminal record as to if you require a visa in the US and Australia. You definitely would need to apply for a Vietnam visa in advance, one for Cambodia can be picked up on arrival, one for Laos is required but I think that you get that on arrival as well. Australia is done online unless you have some criminal record and then you need to go in and they assess your character below denying your application or allowing your application to proceed. For the US if your passport says British Citizen in the title then you are allowed in on the visa waiver program as long as you don't have a criminal record. If you do have a record then you have to apply and most likely get denied even for the most minor records.
You can apply for the Cambodian visa online here: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/
Laos 15-day visa is available upon arrival for a fee (USD8 - 42) at the following checkpoints:
- China (Mohan) - Luang Namtha Province (Boten)
- Thailand (Chiang Khong) - Bokeo Province (Houay Xay)
- Thailand (Nong Khay) -Vientiane Capital (Friendship Bridge)
- Thailand - Xayabouly Province (Nam Heuang Friendship Bridge)
- Thailand (Nakhon Phanom) - Khammouane Province (Thakhaek)
- Thailand (Moukdahan) - Savannakhet Province (Friendship Bridge II)
- Thailand (Chong Mek) - Champasak Province (Vang Tao)
- Vietnam (Nam Kanh) - Xieng Khouang Province (Nong Haet)
- Vietnam (Kao Cheo) - Bolikhamxay (Nam Phao)
- Vietnam (Lao Bao) - Savannakhet Province (Dene Savanh)
- Wattay International Airport (Vientiane capital)
- Pakse International Airport (Champasak Province)
- Luang Prabang International Airport (Luang Prabang)
If you want to stay longer than 15 days, you may either extend it (when you're there) or apply for a 30-day visa from a Laos Embassy.
[ Edit: Edited on Mar 6, 2008, at 3:47 PM by Hien ]
Cheers guys, the only one i wasn;t sure about was vietmam. But that looks to be sorted now.