so I am suppose to depart philadelphia next week on the 1st of the month and arrive in sydney on the 3rd. OZ for 4 months, NZ for a year or more.
I've been planning since september. I quit my job, set up a bank account, tax number, phone, accommodation for two weeks, I've been saying my good-byes, big going away party this weekend. I was completely ready until last night...
I was diagnosed with alopecia, it's not too physically bad by itself, it might not be too bad, it could get worse it could be socially devistating but I'll cross that bridge if I get there. Thing is... it may be accompanied by other auto-immune diseases. To be specific I may have something wrong with my thyroid. So I got blood work done this morning...and won't get the results for a few days.
I called the airline and agency that helped me set up this trip to see what my options are if I have to delay or cancel the trip. Luckily Air new zealand is pretty cool I can apparently change the departure date for nothing...if I let them know by monday. so delaying it is an option.
canceling is a different story...I will have lost money I paid for help setting up visas, some money on the airfare, money on a phone, money on a bag, some on accommodation, and my job.
I'm so close but so far at the same time.
does anyone know if I could buy health insurance for a monthly fee when I am down there? something to help with doctor visits and medication? there must be something...