Few questions from a first timer, who is visting the US in early June. I'm booked on a coach trip, lasting 9 days: 3 nights on New York, 3 at Niagara Falls, 1 in Philadelphia, and 2 in Washington. My accommodation is all paid for, and breakfast is included. Being my first time traveling to the US, or anywhere that requires a passport for that matter, there are a few things I'm not sure about.
- How much money will I need to take with me?, I'll need money for food, probably some trips and general spending etc
- Am I best to take a mixture of travelers cheques and cash or just cash?
- Can travelers cheques be used as cash, or do they need to be exchanged?
- I'm going to sign up for a new credit card, one with 0% foreign commission, is the chip and pin system used in the US, as it is here, or will I have to sign for it?
- Is there anything else a first time traveler should be aware of?
There's probably some other things which I have forgotten about, but I can always post again tomorrow, thanks to anybody who takes the time to reply.