I'm curious to know what are your favorite places are? Which places have captivated your imagination? What have you found wonderful? ….. for any reasons!
To start things off I will share mine:
· Stone Town – Zanzibar City, Zanzibar (Unguja Island), Tanzania
· Nungwi Beach – Nungwi, Zanzibar, Tanzania
· Lake Malawi – Nhkata Bay, Malawi
· Juyongguan Pass, Great Wall of China – Guangou, Changping County, China
· Victora Peak – Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., China
· Piccadilly Circus, London, England, United Kingdom
· State Hermitage Museum – Saint Petersburg, Northwestern Federal District, Russia
· Vieux Québec – Québec City, Québec, Canada
· The Rocky Mountains – Banff, Alberta, Canada
· Fenway Park – Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
· Times Square – New York City, New York, U.S.A.
· Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, California, U.S.A.
· Centro Historico – Mexico City, Distro Federal, Mexico
· Ruinas de Palenque – Palenque, Chiapas, Mexico
. I haven't been to this continent yet.
· Sydney Opera House – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
· Rottnest Island – Western Australia, Australia
HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!
[ Edit: Edited on May 25, 2008, at 6:59 AM by malmn ]
How come Australia isn't on ya list anyway i am from Australia and have basically travelled alot around it. I am from Queensland from a city called Townsville. Sadly i am not into Melbourne or Sydney as Sydney people are quite different to other Australians and Melbourn is up itself. Sorry that is my opinion.My favourite places would have to be
- Brisbane Queensland Australia
- Gold Coast Queensland Australia
- Cairns Queensland Australia(note you will have to know more than one language jking)
- Townsville Queensland Australia(only just moved here and love it heaps to fo and see)
- Newcastly New South Wales Australia
- Bendigo Victoria Australia
- Rome Itali Europe
- Venice Itali Europe
- Athens Greece Europe
- Phuket Thailand Asia
- New York United States of America
- Los Angelas United States of America
Thats naming fe. Check a few out if your planning to travel anywhere
Nigeria - Lagos, biggest hole of a dangerous city in the world. Great place.
Lisbon, Portugal - Barrio Alto, the true Sin City of Europe.
Thorong Pass, Nepal - Roof of the world baby!
Taftan, Pakistan - A pretty dire border town, what better place to cross.
Lhasa Tibet, China - Watch a culture vanish before your eyes.
Persepolis Iran - As ancient as it gets for Alexander the Great.
Khyber Pass, Pakistan/Afghanistan - The path of Kings, tribal escorts and all.
Xi'an China - the forgotten Pyramids.
Wagha Border, Pakistan - Half a stadium shouting at India about how great Pakistan is!
Isla Ometepe, Nicaragua - A real Jurassic park.
Kathmandu Nepal - More Asian than Asia.
Transylvania, Romania - Carpathian Mountains!
Sahara Desert - the living sea of sand.
The Death Star ..... well ok... maybe I didn't go there.... but I would like too!!
[ Edit: Edited on Jul 7, 2008, at 9:07 AM by outcast ]
Nice topic, I'll name my favorites, first where I have been, then where I want to go:
Been: Gros Morne National Park
Go: Grand Canyon
Been: most of Iceland
Go: Faroe Islands
Been: most of Namibia
Go: moutain gorillas in Rwanda
Been: North Korea
Been: Outback in general
Still have to go to Antarctica as well
Apart from these, other highlights were Cuba, the Pantanal, Bolivian Altiplano, Ngorongoro Crater, Switzerland, Caucasus region, Shanghai and the Great Barrier Reef.
Preah Khan, Cambodia - sitting all alone on top of the old Angkorian temple watching the sun set...
Taipei, Taiwan - bustling, energetic, colourful, the neonlit nightsky
Pokhara, Nepal - Peaceful, friendly, laidback, a small town right by the lake with great mountain views.
Annapurna Base Camp, Nepal - waking up to find yourself enclosed in a staggering amphitheatre of great snow capped mountains - Annapurna South, Annapurna 1, Hiun Chuli, and the unmisteakable shape of Macchapucchare, the Fish Tail
A small Lenten village, population 85, Laos, near the China border - spent the most beautiful night of my life in the pitch black dark watching the billions of stars move by in a meteor shower.
Attari, India - On the other side of the fence shouting Hindustan Zindabad - Long live Hindustan at the Pakistanis!
Varanasi, India - very spiritual, moving. I loved exploring the many small streets, lined with stone statuettes and shrines, centuries old, that lead down to the holy ghats.
Tyeby.....I did list Auz; Sydney and WA.....they're at the bottom of my list.