Skip Navigation

health in UK for french

Travel Forums Europe health in UK for french

1. Posted by melatrip (Budding Member 2 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

Hi ,

I am gonna leave in Scotland and I dont have any information about health or how work doctors there.
Can someone help me please?

2. Posted by mojorob (Moderator 1047 posts) 9y Star this if you like it!

You will need to register with a doctor (GP) at a practice near to where you live. Some info on the health system can be found here (though there could be differences regarding things like cost of prescription between Scotland & England). That page also has a couple of other things about health on it, though its really just basic information.

3. Posted by elliot_aus (Full Member 61 posts) 8y Star this if you like it!

i have lived both in the UK and in France, and think the French healthcare system is far better than the NHS.

you might be better off going home to france for medical treatment!