Asia is my main concern & I was a bit dishearted seeing RTW flight prices as i know tax adds a lot to the cost, and this is not to mention the fact that general expenses rise in western countries like Australia & USA
I found one world alliance do an asia continent pass - i thought i could get a deal with sta or another cheap airline flight on a return fare to Hong Kong then use the continent pass. It just seems quite cheap to me & i feel i might be miscalculating or am being stupid. It would kind of work like Pick 'n' mix asia but still being cheap. Am i forgetting surcharges or something?
This is a basic option
- London Heathrow - Hong Kong rtn about £400 when getting a good deal
- (using asia pass) Hong Kong - Bangkok £80
- OVERLAND to Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur - Singapore £35
- Singapore - Hong Kong £100
- Maybe other destinations like Manila, Bali or Taipai
- Hong Kong - London (using initial return flight)
Thats like £615 not including some overland travel from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur (but that could probably be done quite cheaply) I thought it would cost way past the thousand pound mark to tour asia when beginning in the UK and im well aware that Round The World Tickets are way past the thousand pound mark with tax & fuel charges.