There are now three problems that I have noticed with the dates archive on my blog.
1. Broken Links: Clicking on some of the links listed in the archive lead are dead links, for example, the link to my May 2005 archive.
2. Missing Links: There is no link for entries posted in February of 2005 in the right hand panel of the archive, but if you entry the link manually, you will find 10 entries. Note that when looking at the archive, the "IN THIS ARCHIVE" in the right panel shows no entries.
3. Backdated Entries Now Appearing At Posting Date, Sort of: April 2006 now lists 65 entries in the archive. In April of 2006, I posted a bunch of entries as I moved all my old blog entries over from my past blog to Travellerspoint. I back-dated the entries (for example, you can see that the posted date for this entry on Amsterdam appears as February 9th, 2005.
At a later time, the THIS ENTRY DESCRIBES TRAVEL BETWEEN date fields were added, and a I went back and entered all those values in to the previous entries.
If you click on the April 2006 archive link it only shows 2 entries, but shows a whole mess of entries in main area, but shows a whole lot of entries in the IN THIS ARCHIVE menu in the right panel. These entries actually don't appear in this archive though, but do appear in the archive of the back-dated posting date archive.
For example, South America: Arica 2003 blog appears listed in the "IN THIS ARCHIVE" link in the right panel of the April 2006 archive entry, but not in the main text area. But if you do enter the address http://gregwtravels.travellerspoint.com/archive/022003/, which is the February 2003 archive, it does appear in the main text area.
To simplify, it looks like the archives in the right panel are organizing themselves by actual post date and the archive in the entry area is appearing by the date entered by the user in the POSTED date.