Skip Navigation

working visa

Travel Forums General Talk working visa

1. Posted by joker69696 (Budding Member 23 posts) 8y

i am 32 and want to work while travelling how do i go about it as i am not elegeble for a working holiday visa cos of my age

2. Posted by bex76 (Moderator 3712 posts) 8y

What is your nationality?

Post 3 was removed by a moderator
4. Posted by joker69696 (Budding Member 23 posts) 8y

english (uk)

5. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4808 posts) 8y

You can get the IEP Work Exchange Visa for New Zealand, which is valid until your 35th birthday. It's a slight bit more expensive (and mostly has higher requirements for proof of funds), you need to go through BUNAC for it, and it's only available to British of Irish (sooo unfair! I want!) - but it'll still get you there, allowing you to work, so I'd call it a win. (And of course when you have New Zealand as your base, it's trivial to also hop over to Australia a couple of times to explore that.)

6. Posted by joker69696 (Budding Member 23 posts) 7y

so wot would i need to work in austrailia

7. Posted by Sander (Moderator 4808 posts) 7y

A time machine. Or a company to sponsor you so you can get a regular work visa (but that's generally considered to be far too much of a hassle, even if you have really high-in-demand skills and qualifications).

[ Edit: Edited on Oct 7, 2008, at 3:36 AM by Sander ]