HELLO to all!!...This is my 1st time on this website...Anyways, I am going to down under with my folks and somehow or rather..I end up the overall planner for this trip...lol...and I dun really have much of a clue on wat to do and where to go..in australia...btw i am visiting brisbane, so is there any budget yet interesting things to do there??
I've been living 8 months in Brisbane and here are the things to see and do in Brisbane:
- go to the King george square ( there are works in the square) in enter in the city council to go on top of the clock, it's free. It is not very impressive but it will take you only 5 minutes
- Anzac square, nice green space
- Post office square
- Walk around pedestrian way in queen street (usually on weekends there are animations - buskers, little concert etc)
- Go for a walk at river side (near eagle street)
- walk in Southbank parkland and have swim in the artificial lagoon!
- Take the goodwill bridge from southbank to the city and enjoy the botanic garden.
- It is nice to experience the city cat by night. Take it from sydney street at new farm til southbank and you'll get an amazing view of the city by night with all the lights!
- you can go to the Brisbane Wheels as well in southbank during the day it's better than at night because at night the light of the gondola are too flashy and finally you can't really appreciate the darkness to see the light of the city (it's $15)
- You can take a day to go to lone pine koala sanctuary ($22) by bus zone 3 ($6 return) or take the special boat ($45 park entry included) which is very nice
- The Mount Coo-tha is another nice spot to have a great view of the city (bus 471 - zone 2) when weather is clear you can see the ocean. At night it is nice as well - maybe the best is to go at the end of the day to see with daylight and then by night
- finally you can go the botanic garden in the mount coo-tha, there is also the planetarium!
- And I forgot the story bridge is the nicest bridge of Brisbane and you can climb it ($85) and get a fantastic view of the city.
- If you like museums, go to the Modern art gallery in the cultral center and the science center!
And then there usually small festivals, events around the year, you can check what happen on the website www.ourbrisbane.com.au - It's the events sites of the city council
[ Edit: Edited on Nov 2, 2008, at 3:34 PM by benedicteb ]
Wow that was really helpful! Me & my boyfirned are travelling from NZ over OZ starting beginning of December, we will only be is brisbane for 2 full days but think we can pack a lot of stuff in!