Skip Navigation

Visa's in Japan, South Korea and China.

Travel Forums Asia Visa's in Japan, South Korea and China.

1. Posted by mk7574 (Budding Member 14 posts) 8y


In the future I plan to travel to China to work for a while and then plan to visit South Korea and Japan. I'm curious about Visa's for these countries.

I'm of British nationality and was wandering if I can just land in either of these countries and be issued with a tourist visa there on the spot? If so, do these visa's cost anything? Is anything else required besides my passport?

Also, when in China, where should I go to be issued a work visa? Does this have a charge and are there any requirements for obtaining this type of visa?

Thanks all ;)


2. Posted by Hien (Moderator 3906 posts) 8y

You'll be given a 90-day social visit pass on arrival at the immigration checkpoints of Japan and South Korea. As for China, you need to apply for one from the Chinese Embassy in London.

3. Posted by mk7574 (Budding Member 14 posts) 7y

Hi Hien,

Thanks for the information on visa's. Even if I wanted to visit China for 1 week I'd have to get a visa in advance?

Cheers, ;)


4. Posted by Hien (Moderator 3906 posts) 7y

Yes, you have to get your visa (L visa - Tourists and family visits) in advance. Be sure to plan your travel, as you must enter China within 3 months from the date of issue. From the date of your entry, you may stay for a maximum of 30 days on a normal tourist visa.